Great American Life Insurance Company Annuities
Help protect your clients' wealth with Safe Return. Offers a return of premium guarantee at no additional charge plus a bailout feature on available indexed strategies. This product is issued with single premium. Subsequent premium is allowed 60 days from issue (minimum $2,000 Q; $5,000 NQ). For a complete product description, see the Product Overview located under the Marketing Materials tab.
- Qualified 18-85
- Non-Qualified 0-85
- Inherited IRA 18-75
- Inherited non-qualified 0-75
- Inherited non-qualified
- 403(b) (Traditional and Roth)
- IRA (Traditional, Roth, SEP, SIMPLE and Inherited)
- Governmental and non-Governmental 457(b)
- Issued with single premium
- Subsequent allowed 60 days from issue ONLY; minimum $2,000 (Q); $5,000 (NQ)
- Premium paid into purchase payment account
- Moved into interest strategies on 6th and 20th of each month
- $2,000 (Q)
- $5,000 (NQ)
- $1 million for ages 0-75
- $750,000 for ages 76-80
- $500,000 for ages 81+ without prior Home Office approval
On indexed strategies, early withdrawal charges are waived if the cap for an indexed strategy ever falls below its bailout cap.
The return of premium value is the sum of all purchase payments, less the sum of all net withdrawals. Included at no extra charge.
- 1-Year Declared Rate
- S&P 500 1-Year Point-to-Point
- S&P 500 Risk Control 1-Year Point-to-Point with Par Rate
- iShares U.S. Real Estate 1-Year point-to-point
- 10-year declining 10%, 9%, 8%, 7%, 6%, 5%, 4%, 3%, 2%, 1%
- During the first contract year, 10% of purchase payments may be withdrawn without an early withdrawal charge.
- After the first contract year, 10% of the account value as of the most recent contract anniversary may be withdrawn without an early withdrawal charge.
- In the event a cap falls below its bailout cap, early withdrawal charges will be waived.
- For annuitizations for a fixed period of 10 years or life, early withdrawal charges will be waived.
- Terminal Illness Waiver
- Extended Care Waiver
1% on 100% of purchase payments, less withdrawals and any applicable early withdrawal charges and less an amount equal to the applicable early withdrawal charge rate multiplied by the account value.